Today was a good day to wander around taking pictures, and the insect population was teeming, so I took advantage.
During all this bug photographing, Lucy just HAD to be let in the house, so I let her in. When I finally finished taking pictures, I went inside also. The weather was so wonderful it was hard to go in!
Walking through the living room I noticed a dead leaf on the carpet from one of the plants on the mantle, so I snatched it up to throw it away. Just as quickly, I yelled and gave the cold, slimy thing a toss in the air, and it landed on the front of the fireplace. It was definitely not a leaf, nor was it dead.
I stopped to take pictures, only because I was in no hurry to pick the thing back up, and then I scooped it onto a paper and took it outside in the back yard. Hey, I don’t have anything planted out there it could destroy, so what the heck.
I know, the usual thing people in Hillbilly land do is dump salt on them and watch them die in agony, but I wasn’t up for that today.
I figure the nasty thing probably rode in there on Lucy and dropped off onto the carpet. I have the best luck with that kind of thing (eye roll).
Hope you all are having a wonderful start to your Fall, and that your weather is gorgeous! Take care and enjoy your bugs!
- The 5 Worst UK Garden Pests – and how to tackle them (everest.co.uk)
- How to Keep Garden Slugs out of Your Garden (insects.answers.com)
- 5 Tips to Prepare Your Garden for Spring (apartmentguide.com)
- Pods and thorns, oh my! (sticksstonesnpaperstew.com)
- The Bugs of ‘Bug Lane’ (lottielandgirl.com)
- Leaf Bug in my driveway (carter82405.wordpress.com)
- Edible Bugs Gift Pack, Seven Flavored Bug Snacks in Tins (laughingsquid.com)