When preparing a cheesecake, go exactly by the recipe and don’t make any substitutions. You’ll have a much better chance at success.
* When you bake a cheesecake at a low temperature there’s less chance of it shrinking from the sides of the pan.
* Don’t open the oven for the first 30 minutes when baking cheesecake. The cheesecake may develop cracks or partially collapse.
* Cheesecakes will develop cracks when they are overcooked. They’re done when the center of the cake is still wobbly and shaky – which may look underdone to you.
* Flourless cheesecakes need to be baked in a pan of water(called a bain-marie, or water bath) to keep the eggs from coagulating.
* Cheesecake cracks can be repaired with whipped cream cheese…
View original post 27 more words