My mom used to make this every year around the holidays, but it’s really not strictly a holiday candy, and I never knew it by any other name. M&Ms are only one of the ingredients in this great candy. And it is so easy to make!
- 1 24oz pkg. vanilla almond bark
- 1 12oz bag peanut M&Ms
- 1 bag of stick pretzels (not the snack-size bag)
- 1 box Peanut Butter Captain Crunch
Spread waxed paper out on a table or counter.
Mix whole bag of M&Ms together with equal amounts of pretzels and cereal to make a large bowl full. I just eyeballed it on the last two ingredients because I was making this from memory. You want enough so that 24oz of almond bark will completely cover it without there being too much of it.
Put all the almond bark in a microwave safe dish or large glass measuring cup. Microwave 30 seconds at a time, stirring each time, until the almond bark is creamy and can be poured onto the top of the bowl of other ingredients.
Mix all ingredients together thoroughly and quickly.
Quickly drop by candy-sized spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
Allow candy to set.
Depending on how melted you get the almond bark, this candy can set up quickly. By the time I got the last pieces on the waxed paper, it was already almost to the point of no return. But then I tend to be slow and try too hard to get all the ingredients into each piece, and that takes more time then if I’d just get it on the waxed paper. So this is the last of the candy I dropped onto the waxed paper. Nobody cared, it all tasted good!
So, don’t be picky. This is a candy that is hard to mess up, unless you’re painfully slow and OCD like me. All of this candy was eaten, even the candy I was a little “late” on. You can’t go wrong when every ingredient in a recipe is good if eaten by itself!
Try this and enjoy, and let me know how you like it!
- DIY Almond White Chocolate Bark (rfmh411.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Confections with Courtney Dial Whitmore: Rudolph the Reindeer Pops (abullseyeview.com)
- Krunchers (kitchenquilters.wordpress.com)
- Peppermint Bark Popcorn (emjoyable.wordpress.com)
- Mint Bark Candy (darlenebeckjacobson.wordpress.com)
- Easy White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Recipe (mominmanagement.com)
- Recipe-Peppermint fudge (manyofus1980.com)