It’s official–Fall has now arrived in our little town, and it came in a glorious burst of color! That’s what I love about this time of year: the colors, and, of course, the festivals!
This past weekend our town celebrated Pumpkin Daze, a yearly fall festival that celebrates everything Autumn. Even though it was overcast and there was a little nip in the air, nobody seemed to notice! Frank, Lucy and I had a great time, especially Lucy, whose head was on a swivel at the sight of all the other dogs there. She thought it was a big play date!
There were prizewinning vegetables, sunflowers and fruits on display, including some huge sweet potatoes, gourds, squash…well, you would just have to see it to believe it! Huge, I tell ya’!
The whole time I was looking at all this stuff I was wondering how on earth they get them to grow this big! I mean, these were a couple of many gargantuan examples of produce, making whatever I have ever grown look piddly and meager. And then they haul it in for the contest!! That’s a hernia waiting to happen!
There was such a great crowd there, and everybody was so nice and cordial–no pushing, crowding, shoving–it was a very enjoyable time!
Our church had their booth indoors, and they served loaded baked potatoes and drinks. Perfect for a crisp fall day like this was! Did I mention that I love Fall? So many activities, and different stage performances–it was certainly not dull.
All too soon the day and the festival were over. We already have Pumpkin Daze earmarked for next year!
- Create a Pumpkin Patch Porch for Halloween (scarboroughfairflorals.wordpress.com)
- Fall Recipe Collection (fitnessandfeta.com)
- The Many Things You Can Do With A Pumpkin (kidsarefrompluto.com)
- Pumpkins and Pumpkin Carving (beatcancer2010.wordpress.com)
- Simple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (themodernhomekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Pumpkin Madness (freetimeandteatime.wordpress.com)
- Day 288: The Pumpkin Festival (kathryndawson.wordpress.com)